Welcome to the 1stchoice24.com website (the “Site”), A Master Choice for You. We appreciate that you are here.
‘1stchoice24.com’ understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online.
We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and everyone who visits our website, 1stchoice24.com (“our site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are declared here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Effective as of Feb 01, 2020)
A. What information do we collect?
• We do not collect more information from you, we will only collect and use personal information which is necessary for us to provide you with the services you request.
• Information including, but not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, gender, date and/or year of birth and user preferences (“Registration Information”) may be collected at the time of user registration on the Sites.
• In connection with any transaction and payment services or services under our buyer protection schemes we provide on the Sites, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates and tracking information from wire transfer (“Account Information”) may be collected to, among other things, facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
• We record and retain details of users’ activities on the Sites. Information relating to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information. Activities Information may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Sites.
• From time to time, we collect information about our users and prospective users during promotions, contests, trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect at these locations may include, but is not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address (“Event Information”).
• We record and retain records of users’ buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buyer behavioral patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites and visitors to the Sites including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (together “Browsing Information”).
• Registration Information, Account Information, Activities Information, Event Information and Browsing Information generally relate to business entities and are together referred to as business data (“Business Data”). Insofar and only insofar as they constitute personally identifiable data of living individuals, such information are together referred to as personal data (“Personal Data”).
• It is mandatory for users of the Sites to provide certain categories of Business Data and Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that users do not provide any or sufficient Business Data and/or Personal Data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide such users with our products or services.
B. What do we use your information for?
If you provide any Personal Data to us, we use the information you provide to us for the specific purposes and you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
• Verifying your identity;
• Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Sites;
• Processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Sites and maintaining and managing your registration;
• Providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
• To facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the Sites and processing your transactions on the Sites;
• Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Sites, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
• If you voluntarily submit any information to the Sites for publication on the Sites through the publishing tools, including but not limited to, Company or Business Profile, Product Catalog, Trade Leads, Trust Pass Profile, Business Trust System and any discussion forum, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Sites (“Voluntary Information”);
• Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us.
C. Your rights
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format and, where technically feasible, the right to have your personal information transmitted directly to a third party. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may send us an e-mail to email@example.com to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is correct and up to date.
D. How do we protect your information?
You are responsible for your own username and password safety and security on 1stchoice24.com. We recommend choosing a strong password and changing it frequently. Please do not use the same login details (email and password) across multiple websites.
That said, we do implement a variety of security measures including offering the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Note: You as a user are strongly recommended to keep your Member ID and Password on 1stchoice24.com safe and secure. To ensure the safety and security of your company and personal information do not divulge your password to others. If you feel that your Member ID or password is for any reason at risk, please contact us immediately.
E. Do We Disclose Any Personal Information?
We sell merchandise, not information – we do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal or financial information to anyone, except in the following specific situations:
Third-Party Service Providers: Like most online retailers, we sometimes use third-party service providers to perform specific functions on our behalf. Any information disclosed to them is only to help in their provision of service. For example, we provide your name, shipping address, email and phone number to partners such as DHL, UPS and others shipping service provider, in order to guarantee delivery of your orders, and we may use relevant customer information in order to monitor the quality of the third party’s service. Similarly, we must provide your credit card number to financial services organizations such as credit card processors and issuers in order to process payments. We protect all submissions of your credit card number and all kind of transaction information for authorization with state-of-the-art data encryption.
Legal Requirement to Disclose Information: We may be required to disclose information if subpoenaed, served with a court order or requested by law-enforcement officials conducting investigations, or if we are otherwise required by law to disclose such information. We will also release personal information when necessary to protect our legal rights or enforce our Terms and Conditions also other agreements. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud, or to prevent fraud by users who attempt fraud or other illegal activity on our Site.
Merger and/or Sale of Assets: We do not normally sell, trade or rent personal information to other companies in the course of our business. However, it is possible that we might acquire, merge with or be acquired by another company, or that we might dispose of some or all of our assets, in which case your personal information could be disclosed to another company, subject to the Privacy Notice in effect.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share information that does not identify you or any user, such as the number of daily visitors to a particular page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date, with third parties such as advertising partners.
F. How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
G. Visitors from the European Union?
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you are entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, portability, rectification and erasure of your own personal information. Where the use of your information is based on consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Requests should be submitted by contacting us through our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same browser or mobile device to access the Site, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Site and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage. The cookies will enable us to remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it every time you use the Site.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to set your web browser controls to reject cookies, you may still use our website though your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com
Certain features of the Site depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost.
We Use Two Types of Cookies: Session cookies (which are erased once you close the browser or shut down the device) and persistent cookies (which remain even after closing the browser or shutting down the device/application and which are activated each time you visit the Site). The session cookies use encrypted data to unambiguously authenticate you. The persistent cookies do not store account numbers or passwords.
We use both first party cookies (cookies that are set by us and serve mainly to enable basic functionality on our Site, including web analytics cookies that help us understand how users use our web pages and how we can improve their use) and third party cookies (these cookies are not set by us, but by our selected partners).
Google Analytics: Our Site uses Google Analytics, an internet analytics service provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, California, 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer and used to analyze the use of the Site. For example, Google’s cookies allow us to tell us which pages our users are viewing, which ones are most popular, what time of day our Site are visited, if users have previously visited our Site, from which website users are redirected to our Site were and the like. The data generated by the cookie about your use of the Site will be transmitted to Google and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We use an anonymization tool of IP addresses so that the IP addresses are truncated within the territory of the Member States of the European Union and the other members of the agreement on the European Economic Area. The non-truncated IP address are only exceptionally transmitted to Google’s servers in the US and then truncated there.
Google uses the data on behalf of the website operator to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for the website operators and for other website activity and internet usage services. Google may disclose this information to third parties under the terms of the law or for further processing by third parties on behalf of Google.
Google Analytics Help Center: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
The IP address that your browser will pass on to Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data stored by Google. Through your browser settings, you can block cookies; however, this can lead to problems with the use of some functionalities of our website. Through the add-on “Google Analytics Opt-out” you can through your current web browser opt-out to the use of Google Analytics from then on: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Note: If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, but some of our services may not function properly.
The Site and their contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. If a minor has provided us with Personal Data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact email@example.com to remove the information.
We are not responsible for the privacy protection methods of other websites who are linked to 1stchoice24.com.